The following question from our forum is from a woman who wants to know how much a tummy tuck would cost in the United States. She doesn’t have a credit card or insurance and would like to pay in cash.
Date: 07/19/2010 Submitted by: Nene
I want to have a tummy tuck in the United states. I do not have credit card nor insurance and will prefer to pay cash before the surgery. What is the total cost? Please advise ASAP.
Date: 07/19/2010 Submitted by: Tanner
A few years ago the average cost of Tummy Tuck in the U.S. was between $3,000 and $10,000 ($3,000 sounds a little on the cheap side to me).
I doubt that anybody will be able to tell you what the total cost will be without you going in for a specific tummy tuck examination and consultation. Costs vary quite a bit because of the patient’s health, geographical location, which surgeon you use, his popularity and how “in demand” he is, the operating facility and many other factors.
Since I don’t know what country you are in or the specifics of your situation there is not much I can tell you about costs. I do know that you may face additional challenges because you don’t have a credit card or insurance (especially a credit card). I’m not sure how many surgeons deal on a “cash basis” only.
You might want to try the following:
– See if your family doctor can give you advice on how to proceed.
– Try to find other people in your area who have had a tummy tuck in the United States and ask them about their experiences and costs.
– Search the online tummy tuck forums and ask your questions there looking for other people with similar experiences.
– Visit the websites of U.S. tummy tuck surgeons and tell them your situation and ask them how to proceed.
– If you do have a tummy tuck in the United States I would plan on spending enough time here for you to recover sufficiently before you go home. “How much time” would be one of the questions that I would ask the specific surgeons during your research.
You have a lot of planning and research to do. Good luck.
Thanks so much; this is very helpful.